Domestic Methods to Control Acidity and Heartburn
Foodie people love to dip their wrists. But no one is paying attention to the condition of the stomach after eating deep-fried and oily food, as a result of which the tendency of acidity is increasing. Acidity is a common problem nowadays. This is what we refer to as a stomach gas problem. So, for the convenience of foodies, today I will tell you some ways to avoid acidity so that at any festival or in everyday life, you can have the opportunity to enjoy delicious food not only to the eyes but also to the taste. There is no need to buy expensive medicines for acidity, just some simple ingredients which are available in our kitchen.
Some Methods to Control Acidity and Heartburn
(1) Basil for Acidity and Heartburn
Tulsi leaves have thousands of qualities. It plays a very important role in home remedies to remove acidity. Chewing 5-6 basil leaves in gastric problems will reduce acidity. Even consuming basil leaves blended with water every day will completely reduce its tendency to become acidic.
(2) Cumin for Acidity and Heartburn
Researchers say that if you have a digestive disorder, you can try cumin water or cumin tea, and you will get benefits. The oil content in cumin seeds helps to relieve indigestion and flatulence.
Very good for digestion, it is a natural antacid that removes stomach gas. You can boil half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water and eat it 2/3 times a day. You can eat it with soup/salad if you want. Also, it is not proven to cure any intestinal infection and provide some relief.
Have you ever wondered why people often put a little jaggery at the end of a meal? Because it contains very high levels of magnesium, which helps in digestion by reducing the excess acidity of the stomach and keeps the stomach cool.
(5) Ginger for Acidity and Heartburn
Ginger is an herb that is very useful for us. Consuming a small piece of ginger half an hour before each meal will cure gastric problems. But you may not always have ginger at hand, in that case, you can cut ginger thinly and dry it in the sun. Then you can easily carry it in a small bottle in your pocket or vanity bag.
(6) Cold Milk
Milk also helps in reducing acidity. Because milk contains a lot of calcium, which helps reduce stomach acid. Keep a glass of milk in the fridge at night and drink it on an empty stomach the next morning to stay free from acidity throughout the day. However, if someone’s stomach is hypersensitive to milk, it is better not to feed them milk.
(7) Cloves for Acidity and Heartburn
Cloves have been used for many years in Chinese Ayurveda to treat digestive problems. Cloves prevent gas from forming in the stomach. It works well for gastric problems. The juice of two cloves taken orally will help in removing your acidity.
(8) Apple Cider Vinegar for Acidity and Heartburn
Its alkalizing effect helps to eliminate the problem of stomach acidity. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and drink it before meals or once or twice a day.
(9) Hot Water, Lemon, and Salt for Acidity and Heartburn
Many people may wonder what I’m talking about when they hear about lemons! It is acidity, eat lemon on it? Yes, if you have problems with acidity or heartburn, try mixing one to one and a half teaspoons of lemon juice and a little salt in a cup of warm water. Heartburn will subside in a short time. But remember, take lukewarm water and not cold water.
Also, by changing some bad habits we can easily stay away from acidity. For example, a big bad habit of our people is to sit down with gallons of water in front of them while eating. Many people do not want to swallow rice without water.
Here is a brief description of what happens when you drink water while eating:
- The throat naturally produces slippery mucus to help the food go down the throat. Drinking water washes away that mucus with water and causes difficulty in swallowing, so starting to drink water once means drinking water repeatedly to swallow food.
- The acid that is produced for digestion when eating food, and drinking water can mix the water with the acid and dilute it, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the acid and causing digestive problems.
- If acid is poured into water, pouring water into acid is dangerous. So, drinking water between meals, that water mixes with acid and creates a lot of heat and gas, as a result of which many people get bloated stomachs after eating. Stomach-throat-chest burning starts.
- If necessary, drink water shortly before eating. And drink water 20-30 minutes after eating. But do not drink water between meals. This small habit change can reduce a much larger problem.
The next time you face an acidity problem, you can try these methods. But if you see that after 2/3 days your problem is still there then definitely consult a doctor.
Our Other Engagements: